Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Letter To My Past

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments and support regarding my speech. It has really touched my heart :)
I have had a few messages regarding the jerk-off I dated in high school, and thought a few of you (Mindi especially) would enjoy this e-mail I sent to him in January of 2008, after he contacted me and wanted to "hook up".
It was great, and his response was...."uhh....sorry?"
Hey,
I read your e-mail and I didn't even want to respond, nor do I see any reason to now, but I guess I will say my piece.

Whether or not you are the same guy now that you were back then, you still were a bad guy at some point, and made life very difficult for me. A 14 year old girl should never be pressured into sex, constantly lied to, and manipulated. You were just a kid yourself, so I don't know why you tried to act like such an adult. Truth be told,
after years of reflection, I still consider you to be an asshole.But, because you were such a jerk to me, and because I allowed you to be, I have become a completely different person today.
Life for me, at that time, was difficult, not only because of our relationship, but due to a lot of things (the loss of my Grandpa..puberty...family struggles) but, in a way, I am thankful for your controlling nature, because it set me over the edge, and forced me to seek help.

Anyways, us hanging out would be stupid.

Regardless of the fact that I forgive you, I doubt if I can ever truly like you as a person. I can accept that you are who you are, and at the time you maybe thought you were doing something good for us, when there was an "us". I can accept that maybe you are just the kind of guy who likes to elaborate the truths, and tell stories to boost your own ego, but I will never like it.

A coffee, one day, could possibly be arranged, but I wouldn't count on it.

And you had no idea what I went through until you called me up. And we did not go through the same thing. We were both cheated on, but that doesn't make it the same.

And I wouldn't call me a sweetheart for forgiving you. I would call me human.

Like I said before, because of the shit you put me through, I knew who not to look for in a man. And now I am with the man of my dreams. So, thanks for that. Perhaps we'll invite you to the wedding. Not.

-Jess
Peace and Love,
J

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!! OMG that is the best email i've ever read! "Perhaps we'll invite you to the wedding. Not." EPIC REPLY!!! I am so glad you aren't like so many other women that have no self esteem and fall prey to these guys! You are strong, and I'm so happy you have the man of your dreams now! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MindI....I was "one of those girls" for a long time, and that shit don't fly with me anymore. It's just wrong for someone to try to control you.

    He called me up, out of the blue, after not speaking to eachother for over 5 years. He wanted to go for coffee, and asked if I was single...like, what a PIG.
    I should have met him for coffee and told him off in front of a crowd ;)

    ReplyDelete